The growth and developmental process from birth to teenage years is a rapid and sometimes demanding time of change for the body. This process can be the cause of, or may exacerbate, common problems in babies and children such as:
- trauma from childbirth itself
- childhood injuries
- systemic illness such as infections/inflammations
- postural/growth stress
- sporting injury
- genetic disorders
The team at Coburg Osteopathy, will work to determine the cause of these problems – either through diagnosis of underlying musculoskeletal problems preventing normal development, or through further referral if necessary.
The gentle approach used by our Osteopaths, make their treatment especially suitable for your baby or child. A thorough history will be taken encompassing information from birth, followed by a full physical examination of the patient to determine the cause of the problem and the suitable course of action.
Treatment from very early on as a newborn can be appropriate for many complaints. We are only allowed to list musculoskeletal condition on our website, but if you have any other questions please feel free to call us to discuss your child's condition further.
You may choose Osteopathic treatment to enable your child to grow and develop free from the restriction of musculoskeletal problems. Some of the problems that may interfere with the normal development of a child include:
- Sporting injuries
- Postural problems including curvature of the spine (Scoliosis)
- Neck, back and shoulder pain associated with study posture and carrying heavy school bags
- Growing pains eg Osgood Schlatters
- Headaches due to poor posture
- Pain and injuries arising from falls and contact sports
- Walking difficulties including hip, knee and foot pain
- Awkward running or walking gait
As your child grows, Osteopathic treatment will assist in the management and prevention of growing strains on the body, and any injuries sustained.